1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

inconsistancies in end of reception levels

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by chrystal tips, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Hi, I have been told that my first years assessments in reception show up 'inconsistancies'. For example if the language score is low the social dev level can not be high. I have spent a lot of time assessing the children and wanted to get it right (being as it was my first year and all that) so now I feel that I've totally got it wrong. I've been told that on the eprofile there is a way of seeing these 'inconsistancies' but we use Target Tracker and this doesn't have the same feature. Is there anywhere where these 'inconsistancies' are written down or are they unwritten rules?
    Thanks for any help.
    CT

2. Been doing EYFSP since it first came out. Been using eprofile for 2/3 years.
    Not really sure what inconsistencies you're referring to. Can you be more specific?
    There are a number of circumstances in which anomalies arise, including children who achieve ELG's but miss some stepping stones.
    The eprofile won't stand for that!
    Sorry, haven't been any help at all.

3. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

On Eprofile there is a report you can print that shows where you need to double-check points one against the other and it also shows the points that are progressive that may have been scored inconsistently. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called. It would highlight something like if you've scored high in reading for decoding but you've not scored point 4 in LSL for sounding and naming letters of the alphabet (which is the one I remember because it showed up with lots of my children). I would agree that the linked points are not shown anywhere else particularly clearly, but your LA should have a set of guidelines.

4. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Pretty sure I've seen a written document describing all these possible links and inconsistencies somehwere on the web, but sorry can't remember its name.

5. grumbleweed

grumbleweed Established commenter

I think there is a link between some Language for communication and thinking points eg the one about interacting with others and taking turns in conversations and in SD about taking turns and forming good relationships.

http://www.egfl.org.uk/export/sites/egfl/categories/teaching/assess/_docs/EYFS_moderation_booklet_2011.pdf
    towards the end, look at the section on quality assurance