1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inclusivity: soon to be a thing of the past?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by maggieDD, Mar 29, 2016.

1. maggieDD

maggieDD New commenter

2. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Why are we still surprised by all this jiggery-pokery? If schools are in competition and you want to maintain a healthy position in the local league tables it makes perfect sense to move the less able on or restrict their access in the first place. I'm not saying this is a good thing but in the commercial world you get rid of the least productive workers which is why the privatisation of education is such a disaster.

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Quite possibly - however inclusivity has probably never been at the top of the list for many of the schools that pride themselves on high academic standards.

4. maggieDD

maggieDD New commenter

I don't care for this one-size-fits-all approach. Fair enough to celebrate those who are academically gifted, but there are plenty who aren't. Why aren't there 'tables' that recognise creative abilities or statistics which celebrate progression made at any level?
    I know, I know, I'm living in a Scandinavian dream-world...