1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

INCLUSION OF SEN PUPILS IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by RNUAIMI, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Hello,

Can someone please help me map out the pros and cons for inclusion/exclusion of SEN pupils in primary schools.

any help/ideas will be appreciated.

2. Hello,

Can someone please help me map out the pros and cons for inclusion/exclusion of SEN pupils in primary schools.

any help/ideas will be appreciated.

3. There have been threads discussing this in the past, you can search old topics by key word I think, try looking at them

4. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

SEN in what capacity ?

5. thanks Ruth but i thought i should look at something more current and up to date?

6. minnie im thinking more on the lines of learning difficulties

7. the threads I was thinking about were from earlier this year or late last year so not too out of date.

8. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Ok so global learning difficulties for example ?

9. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Ok so global learning difficulties for example ?

10. yes exactly...iv got quite abit done now but looking for articles so i can mention and back up my work with names

11. If you've written 'quite a bit' off the top of your head and are now looking for articles to back up what you are saying then I'm sorry to tell you but you have approached your assignment in a completely back to front way. There is a wealth of literature on all aspects of inclusion. Your tutor will want a critical analysis of an aspect of this literature that shows that you have engaged with it. What is not wanted is an anecdotal account of thoughts, beliefs and opinions cobbled together with a random array of 'quotes' that you've trawled from the internet because you can't be bothered or don't know how to carry out a proper literature search.