1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inclusion manager job interview - help needed!

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by -, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Guest

Hello,

I have an interview on Friday at my own school for the Inclusion Manager position which is also a SMT role. I am not a qualified Senco nor have I ever interviewed for such a position. As I will be returning from
    Year 5/6 residential just for the interview, it's just an interview with the panel and with the pupil council. Any advice on what could be asked by the panel? (not worried about the pupil
    Council seeing as they already know me!)

Thanks so much for any help offered!

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Without seeing the job description, one can only speculate in a way which might be entirely unhelpful.
    As you've (presumably) seen the job description, you're well placed to identify what kinds of questions might be asked.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It was not particularly specific other than saying about knowing how to communicate with various agencies. That's why I am a bit confused about what they could ask especially as they know me.

4. They know you and have shortlisted you based on your application, which didn't include being an experienced SENCo.
    They are likely to ask about how the experiences and skills you have developed in a teaching role can be applied in a new context ... ie what agencies have you liaised with as a class teacher? How have you supported SEN children? How would you be able to share this practice?
    They almost certainly will ask you what professional development you would need to undertake this role.
    It is unlikely that they are going to ask you detailed, specific questions unless you are up against a field of experienced SENCos (in which case, why have they shortlisted you?).

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

That's very helpful thank you. I am not sure who else has been shortlisted. I'll be coming straight from
    Residential with upper ks2 so it's going to be hard to prepare but I will do my best!

Thanks again!