1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inclusion Coordinator in an International School

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mrjack, Jan 6, 2012.

1. mrjack

mrjack New commenter

HI all,
    I have been working in an EBD school for the last five years. Prior to that I have worked in mainstream for around eight years including a couple of years teaching abroad.
    I have seen a post for Inclusion Coordinator in an International School, I'm a little confused as to what this role could be in an international setting. Any ideas anyone please?

2. G day
    Its the same as Inclusion in Uk minus some more severe disabled students. It quite often means Sp L D teacher with some in class support required. Overall responsibility for all matter pertaining to SEN, including the possibility of assessment/policy writing and overseeing teaching assistants. In some schools however this can also mean EAL/ESL students.Ask for a job description and type of students the school accepts. If it is in HK then this shcool used to separate these students so maybe at last they are coming into line with other international schools.
    Apply....if the school is in the coutry where you want to move to. Ask for job description/details and then if offered an interview decide then what you want to do.