1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Incidents that didn?t result in a permanent exclusion

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by oldandrew, Jan 31, 2007.

1. scienceteacha

scienceteacha New commenter

One reason why is:-

a) ring some parents and they will accuse YOU of not 'managing' them.

b) tell SLT and it will be your fault that the children did that and you couldn't manage it adequately.

I utterly agree though such behaviour is abhorrent.

pepper5 likes this.
  2. At my last school a yr10 student was playing in a football match against a close rival school. For no apparent reason he ran the length of the pitch and launched a full assault on a player from the other team. The boy was taken to hospital and our student perm exd.

Before the end of the Autumn term the boy had been reinstated by the chair of governers and the head informally dismissed, i.e. she did not return after Christmas, we did not know why and we were banned from making contact.
    It transpired that the chair was a distant relative to the boy who did the assaulting.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

It's funny because your SLT probably thought that they could issue such a ban.

4. They tell us to do and not to do many things that they 'think' they can enforce. Needless to say that I and many other good teachers are no longer at that school.

5. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I have no idea why but there is an increasing tendency for those not in the classroom to regard those who are as indentured labour.

6. tgom

tgom New commenter

Some incidents at my school that didn't end in exclusion.
    Slamming a door on a member of staff causing her shoulder problems.
    Swearing at teachers
    Assaulting pupils - one where the boy pulled another to the floor and started kicking his head
    Walking around the school swearing, banging on windows, trashed a room, nearly pushed the Head teacher down some stairs.

agathamorse and pepper5 like this.