1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Incident at Cults

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by ScotSEN, Oct 28, 2015.

1. ScotSEN

ScotSEN Senior commenter

My heart goes out to everyone involved in the terrible incident today.

Having only recently moved from the area - it seems very surreal.

2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

Tragic.

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Condolences to the boy's family and thoughts with staff+pupils at Cults.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

May Bailey Gwynne rest in peace, may his family be consoled and may his murderer know justice. Amen.

5. Potatoes005

Potatoes005 Occasional commenter

As a former Head I cannot understand and comprehend what this school has gone through. It's the absolute pits.

The Head of that school, irrespective of fact, will feel responsible forever.

Its vile.

6. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

S1 pupil in my school. First day. Knife. Suspended for a few days. Offering it for sale. S3 pupils offering to buy.
    It will happen again.

7. Potatoes005

My school - excluded.

8. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

9. Potatoes005

There was only one incident I had to deal with in 17 years of Headship. A child had taken a chisel from Technical and he went for a fellow student in the canteen. Caused damaged to the boys knee. Can't remember the exact damage, it was many years ago.

However, he was excluded, permanently and my recommendation was the he was educated in a behaviour support facility - which he was. Regardless of whether he got a place there or not, he was leaving my school for good.

Intolerable.