1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Inappropriate Language

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rachelpaula008, Dec 3, 2015.

1. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Zen...........Been on training course. How good is it to have a few days out of school?

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Less Zen, more GRRRRRRR

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there."

apparently.
    Don't worry - it's nothing.

3. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Why post about this, though? It's not as if you're the only one to be pre-moderated or to have been pre-moderated.

Re the inappropriate language, I'm with the current mods on this. Until the recent bunch took on the job, some posters used abusive and often revolting language - just because they could get off with it. In fact, they revelled in it and were often applauded for their so-called straight talking.

No one is above the law of the site. If you do the crime, do the time.

4. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

It's ironic really, @rachelpaula008

S/he (jamietc) was trying to wind me up on just about every thread I posted on.

In fact, someone reported him on one particular thread. (It wasn't me, but someone else must have found him obnoxious too)

I wouldn't worry about it

5. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Indeed!

cissy3 likes this.
  6. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Unfortunately on here you aren't allowed to use certain descriptive terminology even if the description is accurate and justified and provocation has been demonstrated.
    But these are the rules on here, and they do seem to be applied equally to all so all you can really do is shrug, try not to take it personally, and avoid responding in the same way to future trolls.
    Not easy to do I know

7. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

8. gooddays

gooddays Senior commenter

This quote reminded me of a lovely singer I heard a few years ago.