1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

In tray exercises

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mkg500, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,
    I have been looking at examples of In Tray exercises but am struggling with them. I have an interview next week for subject leader and there will be an in tray exercise. What type of problems might there be and what are the main priorities?!
    Thanks

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

This crops up so often. As i think it was Middlemarch said, even if you did read up loads, there's no guarantee that any of those scenarios will crop up in your interview. You can put tray exercise in the search box and click Jobseekers only to see previous suggestions.
    If it's a SMT post it will probably be some assessment of data or a task which asks you to prioritise urgent, from important and necessary but can be delayed.
    Best of luck with it!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Do a search for in tray in-tray or intray on here, on SMT and on Heads of Department. That will give you some idea of what has been asked in the past, but not what might be asked in the future. [​IMG]
    Child Protection must always be first priority, then H&S (esp if Science or DT or PE). Then you need to consider whatt he school policies or procedures might be. If you don't know them, you will sya that you will consult them.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com