1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

In the battle between Carnival and Lent...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Lent just won:

‘I don't come to work to be sexually assaulted': Woman arrested after 'slapping police inspector's bum' at Notting Hill Carnival

upload_2018-8-28_22-22-49.png

'Inspector Owen Pyle of Southwark police told of his ordeal online following the incident, which happened at Notting Hill Carnival on Monday.

He said: “While dealing with an incident at Carnival yesterday a woman thought it'd be funny to slap my bum.

“She soon regretted it when I arrested her."
    '
    Standard.co.uk, 28th August 2018.

It's like something out of Viz.

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Seeing as the word carnival originates from the Latin 'carn vale' meaning "farewell to flesh", maybe the woman was just saying goodbye to it.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Yes, giving it a good wave off when the police inspector struck her hand with their ****. Police brutality, clearly.

4. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Well, it's about as amusing as "The Drunken Bakers", which I've never found at all funny.

The vast majority of Viz is highly amusing. I would have posted an excerpt from "Nobby's Piles" - particularly apt given the inspector's surname, but the sweary words might upset some people.

So, we'll just have to be content with a doctor joke:
    MilesAway.png