1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

In service training and development

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sunshine_m, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hi, I'm filling out an application form for a post but have stumbled upon this section about in service training and development. I am a PGCE student, is there anything I could put in this or should it at this stage in my career be blank? I've obviously received some forms of training at my placement schools as well as uni so I don't know whether to include this or not?

2. Hi, I'm filling out an application form for a post but have stumbled upon this section about in service training and development. I am a PGCE student, is there anything I could put in this or should it at this stage in my career be blank? I've obviously received some forms of training at my placement schools as well as uni so I don't know whether to include this or not?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Do put anything to with Safeguarding training down. This is a really big issue at present.
    Any Inset you've taken part in on placement but don't worry too much as one wouldn't expect an NQT to have much CPD at this stage.

4. I know my LEA application forms for the 'In service training' section says for NQTs to outline their degree/PGCE course in a basic fashion. I say basic fashion, as most of the key information such as placement schools etc, are listed elsewhere in the application format.
    It's worth considering for your form e.g. Modules (Honours/Masters level, where appropriate), Dissertation (if appropriate) etc.