1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

In need of some stern words ...

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by ff392, Apr 14, 2011.

1. 6 weeks ago I asked my husband to leave as he'd had a 2 week affair. He duely did and 1 week later he'd rented a place and moved this woman in ! Things have undertandably been tense between us and now he,s not making any arrangements to see our 3 boys. Repeatedly tell myself all the reasons why I'm better off on my own but I have days like today when I feel fed up and low as I'm missing him. Help !

2. 6 weeks ago I asked my husband to leave as he'd had a 2 week affair. He duely did and 1 week later he'd rented a place and moved this woman in ! Things have undertandably been tense between us and now he,s not making any arrangements to see our 3 boys. Repeatedly tell myself all the reasons why I'm better off on my own but I have days like today when I feel fed up and low as I'm missing him. Help !

3. inq

inq

It's a hard decision to have made but sounds like the right one. NOW, stern words! Go do something fun with the boys, doesn't have to be expensive why not all make a cake, go to the park, fly a kite, throw paper aeroplanes, have a pillow fight and remind yourself what he's missing by not seeing them!

4. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi ff, can't say anything to help really but you know he's made a mistake - not you. Do you have family you can visit or friends who can help you pass the time till this feels less raw?
    You are right to have self-respect for you and your boys - how dare their father treat you all as badly as this. Keep busy, if the weather is good go for long walks, if money is not too tight give youselves a treat and go somewhere on the train or similar, if money is tight, start writing a diary of recent events or write your first novel and make the story up.
    You are bound to be missing him and feel hurt, maybe in time he will agree to marriage counselling ON YOUR TERMS, if that's what you want. PM me if you'd rather talk privately - I'm on here pretty regularly and will be pleased to lend an ear.
    Take care
    Joni xx

5. Posted this on Personal and didn't realise I did it on here too. Thanks for the replies on here ! X