1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

in it together

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lorri_r82, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Hi, I haven't posted on the jobseekers forum before but looked on it a lot recently. I just thought I would write to say how much even just reading most of these posts has helped. I have recently came back from overseas and wanting to get a job at home (rapidly accepting that this may not happen any time soon) the posts on here about others persevering despite the current state of things in education at the moment has been a source of strength for me. Thank you

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Hi, I haven't posted on the jobseekers forum before but looked on it a lot recently. I just thought I would write to say how much even just reading most of these posts has helped. I have recently came back from overseas and wanting to get a job at home (rapidly accepting that this may not happen any time soon) the posts on here about others persevering despite the current state of things in education at the moment has been a source of strength for me. Thank you

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Glad we are helping, and not just the morale-boosting!
    You need to read all the specific advice too, Lorri!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com<font size="2" color="#0000ff"> </font>

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Thanks Theo, I have been looking at all the clickables which is why I managed to set up 2 phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews. Haven't had an interview in about 5 years (and that was unsuccessful) my last job was given to me without an interview!! I have my fingers crossed for the weekend though.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well thanks for that compliment.
    I hope we're all supportive on this forum, but THEO is THE EXPERT and has superb knowledge and experience of the whole jobseeking process, so do follow the advice in the clickables, which it sounds as if you <u>are</u> doing.