1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

In cover letter do I put reasons for wanting to work in school AND country/city?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Kat263, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Hi,
    Wondering if anyone can help... I am applying for a couple of international jobs and am aware that there will be a lot of competition, especially as the job market in the UK is not great. I know that international school often expect you to be able to offer extra curricular activities or extra subjects so I am going to put this in my letter, but I also wanted to check if I should say why I want to work in a particular country or city? I obviously put why I want to work in a particular school (as I would if applying in the UK), but do I include reasons for wanting to move to a certain country? Thanks

2. Hi,
    Wondering if anyone can help... I am applying for a couple of international jobs and am aware that there will be a lot of competition, especially as the job market in the UK is not great. I know that international school often expect you to be able to offer extra curricular activities or extra subjects so I am going to put this in my letter, but I also wanted to check if I should say why I want to work in a particular country or city? I obviously put why I want to work in a particular school (as I would if applying in the UK), but do I include reasons for wanting to move to a certain country? Thanks