1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

In a pickle about two interviews

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by fififred, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Firstly, I know I am extremely lucky to have this problem, but .....

I accepted an interview yesterday evening for a lovely school but not an agr range I have taught properly before ( supply and placement experience only), then this evening another school has offered me an interview on the same day. I explained my situation and they have said I will have to choose- both are whole day affairs so no option of changing times etc. Second school is my more preferred age- more experience however I don't think I would fit in as well. How do I let second school down without completely burning my bridges or do i just accept I turn them down and face the fact I can' t ever consider a job with them again? Would a Head think badly of me? I was honest straight away and they told me to think on it.

I am clearly gutted, but equally surprised at having two interviews. Suppose at least I look OK on paper!

2. ihatemondays

ihatemondays New commenter

Let the school know that you have unfortunately already accepted an interview with another school on that day, and you are sorry, but if they do not hire on that day, or have further vacancies you would still like to be considered in the future.
    We have just had the same situation come up at our school with interviews for new staff - the candidate that has pulled out, was on paper excellent - therefore in high demand, and might be worth calling if we do not hire from the candidates we do have.

3. Thank you so much for the reply. It is great to know that I wouldn't be thought of badly.

PS Sorry about mistakes earlier, trying to multi task- my applications are of a much higher standard!!