1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

In a dilemma...please help!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Miss behavin!, Apr 11, 2012.

  1. Hello
    I have just recently accepted a teaching post abroad...it all happened very quickly and I would still be happy to go for it.....BUT I have just seen another job, through the same agency which is alot more interesting and challenging and in a country I originally asked the agency to place me in. They told me at the time there weren't many opportunities coming up there now so I didn't want to wait in case nothing came up at all. I have spoke to the agency and they said they can't put me forward for it...I was honest and told them I was interested in it, What do I do?!
    Any advice would be appreciated!

    Thanks
     
  2. v12

    v12

    Ahh. The age old dilemma.
    Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush? Don't forget - you might be burning bridges behind you if you un-accept the first in the hope of getting the second.
    I would suggest that you shrug ruefully and take the first position.
     
  3. the hippo

    the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

    The grass is often greener over the septic tank.
     
  4. :)
    It was just a sudden thought- happened over the last couple of hours and now I'm getting over it. I'm happy with what I have and going to stick to it. Thanks for your advice :)
     
  5. v12

    v12

    'sfunny - but I've just accepted a job in India.
    I also applied for one in Brunei which would have been the chosen location.
    But the India job offered first.
    So we'll never know........
     

Share This Page