1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

In a dilemma...help!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Miss behavin!, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hello
    I have just recently accepted a teaching post abroad...it all happened very quickly and I would still be happy to go for it.....BUT I have just seen another job, through the same agency which is alot more interesting and challenging and in a country I originally asked the agency to place me in. They told me at the time there weren't many opportunities coming up there now so I didn't want to wait in case nothing came up at all. I have spoke to the agency and they said they can't put me forward for it...I was honest and told them I was interested in it, What do I do?!
    Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

This is always the way. Bit like when you buy a car, a better deal appear a month later. When you buy a house and sign up for a mortgage, better deals come up 3 weeks later.

"Tough" is really the answer. You have accepted a post and so need to go with it. And STOP LOOKING, there will be a million more seemingly better posts coming up. You will have a great time where you are going and gain a lot from it.

Enjoy and get excited about the post you have accepted.

3. I completely agree with minniminx, the key is to stop looking. It is easy for the grass toa lways appear greener on the other side. You should celebrate your new position, and focus on the exciting opportunities this post will provide.

4. I totally agree with you - but I wasn't looking at all but It was the agency who decided to send me an email and that's why I called them!
    True though, I guess once you see something better it does get you thinking!! I just wish they hadn't sent the email!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I still get emails from an agency I stopped working for 3 years ago...On a bad day their options still look better than what I have now!