1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IMYC - Content? PDF?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by kimberleetidswell, Jul 24, 2018.

1. kimberleetidswell

kimberleetidswell New commenter

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy of the *actual content* of the IMYC? Looking from an English perspective. Everything I find seems to reference it, but not *be* it. Any help greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

They provide 10 units for each year group, and you choose from the selection. Write to them and ask them for a sample.

3. bubblegirl83

bubblegirl83 New commenter

You need a login for something called Fieldwork education. All the units and outlines are on there. English is called 'Language Arts' and I would say 50% of the SoWs are useful, the others total nonsense. Luckily, as long as you meet the Learning Goals, you can basically teach what you like. If your school is considering implementing it, as roamingteacher says, write to them and ask for a sample, though they are very limited until you sign up. Be prepared for a lot of jargon!

4. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

It's very enjoyable for the students but hell of a lot of work for the teachers. Try searching fieldwork education and it should be the first link. Then there is a form to fill in for more detailed info. It hasn't worked for many schools but I do hope it works for yours.