1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Improving teaching and learning

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by mmassey67, Apr 14, 2019.

1. mmassey67

mmassey67 New commenter

Going for a new head's position. Just been sent, unexpectedly I may add, a task for tomorrow!
    Prepare a SIP on how to improve teaching and learning in the school.

Haven't even visited it yet as it's an overseas school. Just arrived. Any ideas??

2. newposter

newposter Occasional commenter

3. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Tons of graded lesson observations, Insist for everything being tripple-marked, demand really long and detailed lesson plans and slap a couple of old-timers on capability.

That'll do the trick...

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I think that anyone who describes themselves on their profile as below is probably better placed to complete this task than many on the senior leadership teams.
    And your profile says you are already a head, so presumably already know how to improve teaching and learning in a school.

Diligent and results-oriented Principal with a diverse career portfolio and a primary focus on positive leadership. Committed to community engagement and forging strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the success of the school. Proven ability to create, implement, and evaluate curriculum that focuses on whole child development. Demonstrated talent for conducting thorough hiring campaigns, recruiting the most skilled, confident, and committed educators. Dedicated to establishing an inclusive and collegial school community that prides itself on multiculturalism, innovative technology, and student success rates.

minnie me and sooooexcited like this.