1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Improving progress and attainment in reading

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by emeralds, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am trying to improve progress and attainment in reading. At the moment teachers at my school do guided group reading on a daily basis.We have some group reading books but they have been in the school for years. I was wondering if anyone could recommend good group reading books for guided reading?
    I thought of buying comprehension resources which are interesting and stimulating. Are there any good ones?
    Also one of my teachers thinks it would be motivating if her class did levelled comprehension work. We had Kent ones but they seem to have disappeared. Do you think this would help?
    Please could you recommend books, resources or give me any of your ideas on things that have helped to improve reading in your schools/ classes. I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Happy Christmas!

2. Hi,
    I am trying to improve progress and attainment in reading. At the moment teachers at my school do guided group reading on a daily basis.We have some group reading books but they have been in the school for years. I was wondering if anyone could recommend good group reading books for guided reading?
    I thought of buying comprehension resources which are interesting and stimulating. Are there any good ones?
    Also one of my teachers thinks it would be motivating if her class did levelled comprehension work. We had Kent ones but they seem to have disappeared. Do you think this would help?
    Please could you recommend books, resources or give me any of your ideas on things that have helped to improve reading in your schools/ classes. I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Happy Christmas!

3. TeachingTerry

TeachingTerry New commenter

4. Thanks TT for your reply. The bookmarks sound like a good idea.