1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Improving my 9 year old son's handwriting

Discussion in 'Primary' started by geek84, Feb 4, 2011.

1. geek84

geek84 New commenter

Hi Folks
    <u>Please forgive me if this query is on the wrong forum</u>
    My 9 year old son's handwriting definitely needs improving! At times, it looks like a doctor's presciption!
    Can anyone suggest if there are any resources on the internet or text books that I can buy, which will help him to improve his handwriting?
    Is there a particular style of handwriting that they use in primary schools?
    Thanks in advance for your response.

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You ought to check with your son's teacher whether there is a particular style of handwriting that they are teaching in the school. It could be very confusing for him if you are showing him a completely different style. Have you spoken to his class teacher to ask if they have any workbooks at school that you could use with him?

3. Hi,

I've just seen your post. There is an iTunes App called abcJoined Up launched last week that might help.You can download a free Lite version to try it out. It was developed by a Literacy AST (my wife) and based on earlier PC software she designed that has been in use throughout her school for the last five years by KS1 and older pupils. The web site is www.abcjoinedup.com.

Hope this helps.