1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

improving maths and writing at home

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlejenz40, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Hi I am a newly qualified year 4 teacher and have a meeting this week with a child's parents who are worried about her progress and want some advice on how they can help with maths and english at home. I have got together some generic maths resources that can be used for most topics but am struggling to find fun games or activities that will help with reading and writing. I don't want to overload them with a big pack of resources and so simple ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks

2. Studyzonetv

Studyzonetv Occasional commenter

May I also take the opportunity to recommend www.studyzone.tv

This is a website I am developing when not in the classroom. It features interactive games, printable worksheets and videos to help children improve their maths skills.

I'm just a one man band at the moment, so it hasn't got anywhere near as much content as the 'big players', but it's growing every week so should become more and more useful as time goes by. Please take a look.

Thanks,

Chris