1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Improving Literacy/English through blogs

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by tortuman, May 4, 2011.

1. I am planning to start a students' paper in my school, but moving on with times, I am going to use a blog platform. I am still at drafting stage. I think it will be beneficial to the students to get "writing" assignments and getting them editted and published as in the real world.
    However, as we don't live in the real world in schools, I suppose the big powers will want to have a tangible benefit, so they can get even more bonuses for "certificates" and UCAS points achieved. Has anybody got any idea of any certification, programme, etc that could use this as part of the certification?

2. I am planning to start a students' paper in my school, but moving on with times, I am going to use a blog platform. I am still at drafting stage. I think it will be beneficial to the students to get "writing" assignments and getting them editted and published as in the real world.
    However, as we don't live in the real world in schools, I suppose the big powers will want to have a tangible benefit, so they can get even more bonuses for "certificates" and UCAS points achieved. Has anybody got any idea of any certification, programme, etc that could use this as part of the certification?