1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Improving Communication to Save Money

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by dexterwilliams, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I have been asked to talk about 'Streamlining Communication to Save Money' as a topic for the SSAT this summer and wondered if anybody out there had any suggestions of software or policy decisions that have helped with this.
    At the moment I only have Mailfinder (www.mailfinder.co.uk) and SchoolComms (www.schoolcomms.com) as talking points, but I'm sure there must be many more ideas that have saved people time and money.
    Many thanks

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

The best way would be just to reduce all communication by around 90% and only communicate the stuff that is actually of any use.

We have just installed a new school email system and we now circulate many notices using that. Saves a lot of time and a lot of paper. Plus if you lose stuff like me I can always find something because it will be in my inbox or saved in an appropriate file.