1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Upgraded Tes Community site to be launched soon

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 12, 2019.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Is there any chance of Opinion being reinstated?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

3. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter

i may have missed it, but were the users asked what features they would like to see and which features they felt weren't necessary?

4. colpee

colpee Star commenter

I think it is the mini preview of a site or web page that shows beneath a posted link. Social media sites use them a lot, but they can be a bit intrusive on forums. An acquired taste methinks.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

They work well on Wikipedia, insofar as you can gain a brief insight into something you're unfamiliar with in an article, without having to leave the article to find that information, just by hovering over the link.

I'm unsure what benefit they are anticipated to have on a forum, or how much input is required of the poster to add content like this to a post.

colpee and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Although not directly aimed at an update there is this thread Suggest your ideas to help us make TES better which I presume is open for suggestions?

7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

3 days till the apocalyp... I mean the changeover!

So exciting.

What could possibly go wrong....

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Oh No-o-o-o!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone, the date for the update has been pushed back now. We are still testing things and I will give you a new date for the upgrade sooner to the time.

10. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Can we have Opinion back please for the serious stuff, so Personal can be fluffy again.

11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

That's probably what broke the new site while they were testing it along with the new AI moderators they installed.

Once they've worked out how they can control the moderation sensitivity better, like try it out on volume 0 to start with, then increase it one notch at a time until it goes pear-shaped, then back it off three or four notches, so it's working on -3, it'll be ready to go.

12. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

There are no current plans to bring back the Opinion forum.