1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Update from TES about your premium resources royalty

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by TES_Rosaline, May 11, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello Authors' Group,

We’ve now made it even easier for teachers across the world to purchase your resources in their local currency, and so on 1 July 2016, we're changing the royalty system to match.

Currently, you earn 60% royalty before tax when your resources are purchased outside the US. With this new three-level royalty system (Bronze, Silver and Gold), you'll get the opportunity to earn more and unlock special features when you publish more resources. When your resources are purchased in the US, you'll still earn our promotional 100% royalty. You will be receiving an email with detailed information about your royalty level but to find out more visit: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resour...alty&utm_source=exact-target&utm_medium=email

Update 1 December 2016: Our promotional 100% royalty rate for US buyers has now ended. Your normal royalty level (New, Bronze, Silver or Gold) now applies to all premium resources sold on TES.

We are excited to announce that we've gone global and that now your resources will be automatically available to teachers worldwide in their local currencies. As a result, you no longer need to twin your resources to have them appear in both markets. This will allow you to expand your reach and ultimately, assist more teachers and students in classrooms across the globe.

If you have any queries, please contact the author team at authors@tes.com

2. leemurphy1

leemurphy1 New commenter

Hiya, my current balance and individual amounts for each premium resources are all over the place today?? I have somehow reached £23.99 current balance... then £29.09, £45.16 and £6.15 on three out of my 10 resources. All my prices are round figures so how is possible for me to now have these figures? Also the £6.15 figure is for a single sale of a £10.00 resource... I may not be a maths teacher but 70% of £10.00 is £7.00??? P.S. I am a bronze Author.

3. thinky

thinky Occasional commenter

This is likely due to the small print for which it turned out the royalty rates are now calculated after tax has been deducted first meaning the "70%" figure is in fact lower than the previous 60%. There's a table showing the differences here.

clarelawrence87 likes this.
  4. leemurphy1

leemurphy1 New commenter

Very complicated and very sneaky... my understanding was my royalties for each resource would rise 10% from 60% to 70%... on the table it states I should get £5.93 for a £10 resource but ive actually received £6.15 for a £10 resource?? I'm lost

Skillsheets likes this.
  5. Skillsheets

Skillsheets Occasional commenter

I have an email saying sales of £4.38 yet my balance shows £2.87 and the value of resources sold was £5.30. I guess there may be a bug somewhere in the new system.

leemurphy1 likes this.
  6. leemurphy1

leemurphy1 New commenter

Try working this one out! See attachment (my email to TES)

Attached Files:

7. EGraham-Hyde

EGraham-Hyde New commenter

It sounds stupid, but with things like this - is it not worth finding a union that can support us on this? There really should be consultation before changes to this degree are made on our behalf.

leemurphy1 likes this.
  8. fb1983

fb1983 New commenter

I'm confused, if recently started selling resources, in early stages. Iv uploaded 11 so far, sold four that cost £2 each, the royalties I have for these sales- £2.96, I think that is under 40%. Also have sold another resource that is £2 and received .73p.

I may have missed something because I thought I would receive a higher amount.

Thanks

9. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

Royalties, which depend on whether you are a bronze, silver or gold author, are calculated after VAT is taken off.
    Here's a thread which explains in more detail how royalties are calculated https://community.tes.com/threads/vat.746923/

fb1983 and mathsmutt like this.
  10. PollyPuddleduck

PollyPuddleduck New commenter

The profit you receive for selling the same resource at 3.00 can also differ across three different sales as it depends on where the buyer is ... buyers in different countries pay different tax.

11. MissDumond

MissDumond New commenter

I see... is there any way of seeing what country our resources were bought from at all?