1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: the new forums are coming

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 16, 2015.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that the new forums are due to be launched early next week.

I'll try to give you more information as soon as I have it later this week, but I wanted to give you as much notice/warning as possible before we go live.

Please be aware that the new site will be a 'work in progress', there could be bugs in the system that still need to be resolved but hopefully the new site will be easier to navigate and use - once people get the hang of the new features.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for taking the time to help test the beta version of the site, reporting bugs and giving us your feedback.

I hope you all will continue to use the beta version - even though your posts will be deleted when the new content is migrated - and let us know about any new bugs that you have discovered.

If you have anything that you want to save on this site then please can you do so now otherwise you will lose it forever when the new site goes live.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

@TES_Rosaline

So will it still be called the beta forum when all content is migrated?

When all content is migrated will the old Forum be closed at the same time? Or will both operate in parallel for a time? (Although that sounds like a sync-ing problem waiting to happen)

Will there be a redirect from old site to new? (Hope so or 90% of members might never be seen again!)

3. danielatucci

danielatucci New commenter

HELP! I'M A PRISONER IN A NEW BODY!! LET ME OOOOOUUUUUUTTTTT!!!!!!

Rott Weiler likes this.
  4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

Still, look on the bright side GLs, at least danielatucci hasn't stolen your coveted Frequent Contributor status and Points! ;)

upload_2015-9-16_19-29-35.png

5. danielatucci

I don't know where GlsG has gone!! I am still signing in as GLsG!!

I blame that @Vince_Ulum for saying my avatar reminds him of The Exorcist! :D

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

7. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Ulam, please.

Yes, very exorcist. @Rott Weiler's moves. I've told him.

8. danielatucci

9. danielatucci

Still getting this error message as before - just with someone else's username!
    upload_2015-9-16_20-33-8.png

10. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

11. TES_Rosaline

Good morning @GLsghost @danielatucci Sorry about the avatar issue. I will log the problem as another bug.

12. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Guest

@GLsghost @danielatucci I'm very sorry you seem to be a different person!

This is all part of the same avatar issue, as you can see your profile has mixed up with someone elses. This will be resolved when we go live with the new community, and is only a glitch in the beta site.

Pippa

13. danielatucci

I realised that @TES_Pippa and am not unduly worried. It's a strange feeling to be possessed, however! :D

14. TES_Rosaline

@Rott Weiler Sorry for the delay in responding to your questions.

The new site will be called the same as the current TES Community. The beta site will be closed and content from the current forums will be added to the content here. The new site will then go live next week.

The old forum and this site will be closed at the same time for about 8 hours. I hope to give more information to all users before the end of tomorrow.

The new site will be accessed in the same way that the current site is today, from the homepage you will access it from the Community tab in the header and will be the same domain address as the beta site is currently – community.tes.com. This is in line with the rest of the tes.com change (you’ll notice that the current Community site is still on tes.co.uk).

upload_2015-9-17_17-9-30.png

15. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

@TES_Rosaline Will all the threads currently on the other side still be there after Sync Day?

The pets were wondering ;)
    Where do we save to?

16. TES_Rosaline

Hi @guinesspuss,

All the forums you see here will contain all the threads that are in the same forums on the current (the other side) Community. Does that make sense?

17. TES_Rosaline

Please note that there will be work on the beta site today and some of the recent posts (possibly this one) may disappear from the site.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

18. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

As Opinion will no longer exist, does that mean that all the old Opinion posts from the old site will be deleted?

19. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

@TESRosaline or @tespippa I presume there will be a new @help pages with some of the information provided on here?

20. TES_Rosaline

The 'how to' guide will be posted in the Welcome lounge and help section when the new site goes live.