1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ: Launch of the upgraded Tes Community site has been pushed back

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Has the upgrade happened very quietly in the background @TES_Rosaline?
    I only ask because I tried clicking on a Conversation and it suddenly turned yellow and the message asking what I wanted to do with the message appeared in a pop-up window. Pretty certain it never used to do that before.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

My Conversation messages are opening same as they always have Lara, so nothing has changed for me.

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

It's all gone very quiet!:cool:

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Strange, it's not turning yellow now, but if I tick the little box, which I must have accidentally done before the pop up does appear. o_O

5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I've just worked out what the delay in launching the new site has been all about. TES changed their minds about launching it in September so we could have it as a Christmas present.

I bet they've been spending the last three months working out ways to tease us as we open the present, such as the sort of thing my sister did when she gave me a huge parcel, which turned out to be boxes packaged within boxes until I finally reached the smallest one, which contained a comb and a sheet of Izal, so she could assist my career in music with the aid of the comb and paper instrument.

Had I been a student at @florian gassmann's school, I expect he'd have taught me how to play Air on a G String with it or suchlike and I might have gone one to entertain audiences at the Albert Hall with it.

Life can be so cruel when you're a kid with the arrse hanging out the back of your trousers and never get the chance to learn proper music, ain't it?

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

I hope so.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  8. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Not as hard as I hope for a jackpot win on the lottery.
    Hope. Free but pointless.

9. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I thought all this thread-blocking gubbins was going to be cleared out?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.