1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Impero

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Gogleddwr, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hello
    I'm looking to purchase/upgrade classroom management software, currently using LANSchool but have seen Impero - any comments or recommendations? Impero seems to be ticking boxes for printer management etc included!
    As everyone else, money's tight! Cheaper but best value always a plus!

2. I have used IMPERO for nearly a year, and cannot fault it, we use it monitor all of our ICT suites and laptop trolleys, and expected to see an impact on network performance, we have not experienced any problems. We use it to track down misuse, normal classroom management, printer management and to launch applications and files on remote computers.
    We find new uses for it on a daily basis.

3. I've used a few pieces of software like this, currently Impero and it is as good as any, we found it the best value about a year ago when introducing into a new school. I've recently started sending and opening files to students (especially KS3) and the stress this saves with low ability is amazing (not sure if its a good thing them not practising finding/opening files either!).

4. Disadvantages:
    - It's an expensive solution if you're moving from just a monitoring solution to impero (all the others seem to be cheaper). If it's replacing a few systems then suddenly its a great an affordable solution.

Also can't fault it on a technical level, it does everything other systems do faster and in most cases better - you won't be unhappy with it!

5. We have used it for about a year. I like it in general, but do have some comments that need passing:
    It isn't as flexible when trying to look at a classfull of student's machines up on the board. You tend to get small "which is hard to read" or large, which is too large to get everything on the screen.
    It has the occasional problem of not unlocking machines as a group or even worse, when you've done a demo. This then means that you need to re-start the student's machine.
    It is a pain when students who are being "naughty" in other rooms flash up on your screen.
    BB