1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Impact of Strikes on ITT

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by evilpixie, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I just wondered what the impact of strike action will have on ITT.
    My school is expected to strike over proposed moves to become an academy. My last school has now had 2 one day strikes and is in the middle of a 5 day strike.
    Given the school will close if a strike is called (85+% of staff are NASUWT) I'll lose teaching time.
    Any ideas?

Kim

2. I just wondered what the impact of strike action will have on ITT.
    My school is expected to strike over proposed moves to become an academy. My last school has now had 2 one day strikes and is in the middle of a 5 day strike.
    Given the school will close if a strike is called (85+% of staff are NASUWT) I'll lose teaching time.
    Any ideas?

Kim

3. Provided they are only occassional strikes it should not impact on you negatively. Most providers build in a few days above the minimum required for QTS to allow for the odd day off for colds etc. Do contact your provider and let them know however. If there is an issue the provider could arrange some extra time to make up for any lost or perhaps askj you to attend another school (where one of your colleagues is based) to do some cross school observation - that would count towards your time on placement if necessary.
    James

4. Thanks James.
    I had 3 days off last placement due to Snow so don't want to miss any more but obviously I can't help it if the school is closed!