1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Impact of economic crisis on management ethics in educational institutions

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by JenniferCole, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Anyone on a SMT interested in contributing to my academic research into the impact of the economic crisis on management ethics in educational institutions?

2. Anyone on a SMT interested in contributing to my academic research into the impact of the economic crisis on management ethics in educational institutions?

3. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Do you mean the increase in teachers at the top of the pay scale being 'pushed' out of jobs to be replaced by cheap ones in order to compensate for the budget cuts?

Not that I'm cynical or anything....

4. Yes, I accept e<font face="Calibri">ducational establishments have to be responsive to government initiatives if they are to survive in the market place. However, in the current economic crisis, financial restrictions brought about by government funding cuts may lead to quick fix solutions, which, in the long term, could destabilize an institution. Little has been written about the practice undertaken when an institution finds itself forced into whole organizational change, incurred because of financial cut-backs imposed by government changes rather than ineffective strategic planning, often requiring short-term solutions because of market pressures, other than government and union statistics on the numbers affected and yet indications are that very few institutions will not be affected. Hence the reason for my research.</font>