1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

imovie adding video clips

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by loree, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I have never used imovie before and am trying to add short clips of video I have taken so that it runs as one long video. Every time I try adding the next clip it asks if I want to replace the existing video. Can anyone help?
    Many thanks

2. Which version of iMovie are you using - '06? '09? '11?

If it's '09 or later then the imported clips all live in the library (bottom loeft) and you can see the timeline (such as it is) to the right of this. Create a new project, select the bit of video you want (it puts a yellow box around the section as you highlight it) and drag it to the project window at the top left.

Have to say, having recently switched from '06 the newer version are quite counter-intuitive. Also, you can only play one video clip at a time unless you go into preferences, turn advanced mode on and add another video or image by dragging the new one on top of the old one.