1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

imminent big O. Any reason not to call for a whole school sickie?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by tonymars, Dec 8, 2015.

1. tonymars

tonymars Established commenter

I remember reading a thread about this here before. Any ideas?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

*sigh, sigh *

3. tonymars

tonymars Established commenter

Yes TheoGriff, but is your post an indication of contempt for my post for what I suggest?

4. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

??? What's happened to my post? Can't have been against the T&C - all I said was, 'it depends if you still want a job there.'

5. Twinklefoottoe

Twinklefoottoe Senior commenter

Donald Trump would blame that on Muslims.

6. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

If your user name is based on your real name, I would advise getting the site team to show you how to change your name.
    We have all been tempted to pull sickies when Ofsted are in. A mass sickie would be unlikely to gain sufficient support to work. The fan may find itself dealing with material other than air.

7. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

It hasn't been removed chelsea2, OP has been making duplicate posts on other forums. You replied to his post on Workplace Dilemmas (as did I) and your post is still there.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Certainly not supportive of a whole school sickie...

But is there any reason that the Unions couldn't ballot members for action like ... if Ofsted come in the room, the teacher excuses themselves politely? Or is that against the rules and regulations? [probably is]

9. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Ah - thanks.