1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Immersion day ideas for The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Littlejoey1, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Littlejoey1

Littlejoey1 New commenter

Hello! I have heard about something called immersion days & wonder if anyone has done this for The Lion,The Witch and The Wardrobe? I am thinking of my first Friday in school (Tue -Thu being back to school activity days).
    My other themes are Railways & Animals including Humans which fit in nicely.
    I bought a tiny wardrobe & have fitted it out with lights, snow and a tiny fake fur coat.
    Any ideas would be really appreciated without too many spoilers (I’ll be making Turkish Delight once we reach that part of the book!). Many thanks.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Lock them all in a cupboard with some fake snow and turkish delight?

vannie, nick909, Pomza and 3 others like this.
  3. blue451

blue451 Senior commenter

I was just about to say it sounds like a fantastic idea! Lock Y9 in a cupboard and put my feet up with a coffee.

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Yeps @Littlejoey1 missed a trick by buying a tiny wardrobe! ;)

Maybe shut a teddy or doll in the wardrobe and discuss what could be happening....how do we know? What else could happen? What if it is magical? What land would you like to be there? Can you describe it? Make it? Why is the title enticing? What else could the story be about if we keep the title?

What year group is this for by the way? I'm assuming UKS2 and many will have seen the film already and know what happens.

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

And set a lion on them, surely?