1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iMedia Unit 4 problem

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by bowers1973, Feb 8, 2011.

1. bowers1973

bowers1973 New commenter

Hi

One of the requirements for the iMedia unit 4 is for students to produce some voice recordings about different topics.
    However one of my students has a speech impendiment to the point where it is difficult to understand her in class.
    Does anyone have any suggestions how to combat/get round this.

2. bowers1973

bowers1973 New commenter

Hi

One of the requirements for the iMedia unit 4 is for students to produce some voice recordings about different topics.
    However one of my students has a speech impendiment to the point where it is difficult to understand her in class.
    Does anyone have any suggestions how to combat/get round this.

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Unit 4 is interactive Multimedia concepts isn't it? How about she creates a reading book where the words she's reading highlight in time to her voice. Thus her speech is not an issue, just her ICT skills.

HTH

4. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

BTW Does it have to be her voice she records?

5. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Within Unit 4 there is no need to get her to record her own voice - though depends on teh assignment you are working on! All the KSU and the AO states is create and use a range of planned multimedia content (including sound) so thsi could be something she has recorded on her phone and edited - as long as sound has been sourced(recorded) then it should be okay!

6. Is this iMedia or Creative iMedia? I had a private candidate work through this a couple of years ago and he 'sourced' the sound from the interwebs. Sourced means obtained from some source, surely? (Yes, it does, and stop calling me Shirley). That's how I interpreted it at any rate and the student passed...

7. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I am assuming Imedia as creative is character modelling but sourcing allows you to source it does not have to be a recording of her voice!