1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iMedia R085 Website Designer

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by samuelbancroft, Sep 24, 2020.

1. samuelbancroft

samuelbancroft New commenter

Hello,

I have just started teaching RO85 for the first time and could benefit from this community's experience, please :)

So which website creation software would you recommend? I am highly familiar with Web Design and mostly use Dreamweaver but this is not an option for the school because, well, money.

Also, this is probably not the best option as I have a very wide spectrum of ability in my groups from those who struggled with Scratch to those writing C# apps using C++ libraries.

My main area of concern is being able to "export" a full website as I have been told I cannot host them and have heard horror stories from others about exported sites not working, etc.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sam.

2. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I would recommend webplus though it is not supported anymore but with the redevelopments it is difficult to say if the unit will survive in present format. It is not advertised on serifs website anymore but if you contact them you can get a pretty good deal. There is a lot of drag and drop so is equally good for lower ability pupils.