1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

iMedia (OCR) An exciting option for those bored of Office

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by celestineboy, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Has anyone had any of experience of this course? Pupils are becoming increasingly bored with ICT and our department lacks the skills necessary for 'computing'. Would anyone recommend this or indeed any other course for post year 9 options. Thank you to all contributors.

2. Has anyone had any of experience of this course? Pupils are becoming increasingly bored with ICT and our department lacks the skills necessary for 'computing'. Would anyone recommend this or indeed any other course for post year 9 options. Thank you to all contributors.

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Yep highly recommend kids love it depending which options you choose but then I always ahve been a big advocate of it as a course as its not office based!

4. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

It's a pass or fail course broadly equivilent to B grade @ GCSE. Some schools love it, some hate it. I know of a school that is dropping it in favour of OCR Nationals as the latter has pass, merit and distinction grades. It largely depends on how well students & teachers can engage with the material.
    I had a conversation with a young person recently who did a CLAiT course, involving the use of Office applications and found it most helpful.