1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Imedeen or Perfectil?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Sallyeft, Mar 10, 2012.

1. I do not know either of the supplements but from experience with lots of people dry body brushing which includes a complexion brush lifts and lightens skin in three to five days. A dry body brush set is two brushes - they are used daily prior to showering. Improves lymphatic drainage and clearing toxins and softens skin. The complexion brush has softer bristles for décolleté and face. It sloughs away dead skin cells leaving the live cells which look so much better. I highly recommend it and if you are drinking enough water, eating the right foods then I wouldn't have thought you needed supplements. Cleopatra supposedly dry body brushed :) regards Sally

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Oh dear. More bad science. There's no such thing as 'lymphatic drainage' and you cannot clear toxins with a brush. The liver does that job for you. Oooh it makes me so cross to read such nonsense!
    I'd agree if you are eating healthily you do not need supplements and exfoliation will keep your skin looking better and feeling softer.

3. here, here.

Imedeen or Perfectil - doesn't matter which all they will just give you is very expensive urine! If you want to improve your complexion. Save the money you would have wasted on supplements, buy some extra fruit and veg and get some fresh air and exercise.

4. Hello sorry to cause anger - clearly sloppy posting on my part. Of course the liver is responsible for detoxification. Dry body brushing sloughs away dead skin cells, clear pores and improves the skin's appearance - dead skin is dull and does not reflect light well whereas healthy skin glows. Brushing improves blood and lymph circulation by stimulating muscle contraction. Lymphatic drainage is encouraged with a massage technique called Manual Lymphatic Drainage. This is particularly helpful with post-operative cancer patients suffering from odema.

Clearly, anything undertaken at skin level needs to be supported by a nutrious diet, plenty of drinking water and even deep breathing but if you are in the position of hauling oneself by the boot laces towards achieving an ideal target weight and calling a halt to health harming indulgences then dry body brushing can really make improvements to ones complexion in a very short time. And, for many it can just help boost determination and resolve in those early weeks as they travail towards good health and well being. Also it's as cheap as chips - between £ 5-£10 for a set of basic brushes and just a few minutes a day of your time. I do highly recommend it and have seen the benefits with myself and many others. It's also brilliant for eliminating that annoying bumpy, red skin condition, (Pilia?), on the tops of arms or thighs when all else has failed.

5. BelleDuJour

Sorry Sallyeft but brushing does not stimulate muscle contraction. More bad science! Muscle contraction is caused by a nervous impulse.
    I do not doubt brushing will improve the appearance of skin by removing lose surface cells that are naturally shed, but all surface skin is dead anyway so it doesn't improve the 'health' of teh skin.
    Massage to help with removal of excess lymph in cases of oedema can be helpful, but wil have little or no effect on someone who doesn't have oedema in the first place, becasue their lymphatic system is perfectly healthy.
    Also, it has been scientifically proven that drinking water does not have any beneficial effect on the skin (identical twin studies have been done on this), and the advice to drink 2 litres a day was a figure plucked out of thin air by the government of the time and again, has no scientific evidence.
    Body brushing, like any form of exfoliation, will bring about an improvement in the appearance of the skin (which is always a good thing) but it will not improve one's 'health'.

6. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

Yes, but HAS anyone out there tried Imedeen or Perfectil?

7. If you are intent on wasting your money why do you want someone on here to give you the go ahead? If you eat a reasonably balanced diet you will not need any supplements.

8. BelleDuJour

That's what we've been saying. Save your money and sepnd it on fresh fruit and veg!

9. No - because you don't have to try something when you know that scientifically it is nonsense. However if you wish to line the pockets of the manufacturers, go ahead it's a free country.

10. BelleDuJour

[​IMG]

11. Belle, I think you should incorporate stuff like this into your book.
    Explode those beauty myths, girl!
    'Belle's No Nonsense Guide To Looking & Feeling Good'

12. BelleDuJour

I probably shall explode a few beauty myths too.Still on chapter 1 but not done anything this week...........been busy writing reports. Just not enough time in the day. I reckon it will take at least a year.