1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Image search site or image CD

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by lcfmonkey, Jan 24, 2011.

1. We have used www.picsearch.com to acquire images but this has now been blocked due to a student finding a couple of saucy pictures!!

Does anyone use an alternative to picsearch and google images? I'm considering buying an image CD so any suggestions there would also be gratefully received.

2. We have used www.picsearch.com to acquire images but this has now been blocked due to a student finding a couple of saucy pictures!!

Does anyone use an alternative to picsearch and google images? I'm considering buying an image CD so any suggestions there would also be gratefully received.

3. As HappyHippy says - save time and give them a limited set of pictures. However, if you need copyright free images try the NEN Gallery.Very safe though relatively limited.

4. Thanks to both for your replies. I am in agreement that simply blocking everything is a rather clumsy way of dealing with the situation but I am overuled in that respect. I have found that blocking sites leads to a game of cat and mouse with some students seeing it as a challenge to find unblocked sites.
    The blocking of picsearch gace us a focal point which led to a discussion on censorship and responsibility with students so it was useful in that respect I suppose!!
    Cheers for the links!!