1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm totally not a "Why hasn't he texted me?" person....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lurk_much, Jan 18, 2011.

1. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I am imagining a wrong number,
    perhaps a work number or your gran
    go on, pick one at random
    you know it makes sense

2. Rubbish - you have so! Don't make yourself ill fretting about him and don't turn your life into a seesaw of (he callled! joy) versus (he didn't text...sorrow).

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I wandered on to this thread out of curiosity and it's led me to a question, speaking as a person who got all that business out of the way before mobiles and texting were invented.
    So - given you/she had 'not heard from him since last night' (ergo you/she did hear from him less than 24 hours ago), how often are new boyfriends/girlfriends supposed to text you?

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

One to five per day is neglect, six is normal, more is considered a nuisance.

5. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Middlemarch - I, too, wondered that. I would have thought it pretty usual to not hear for a few days after only two dates. Although surely if somebody is 'that into you' an indication of when you might meet next or at least a vague plan to meet is usually discussed at the end of the evening. I would have found somebody truly needy and pathetic if they had started texting almost immediately although a simple 'I enjoyed myself, lets do it again is nice'. I guess there is absolutely no reason why the onus should be on the poor man to bee the texter so couldn't the OP text him and say something nice.

6. She's excited and wants to know if he is too. I remember getting it all started with Mr Side.... we sent emails and it was all I could do to wait a day before emailing him back. But and email is more meaty and satisfying.

7. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i have a dirty mind. sorry. *chortle*

8. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I had texted him on the day in question. As sidey says, I'm quite excited about this (though it's usually the type of behaviour that makes me go [​IMG])
    I also panic easily....

9. Being of the pre-mobile age, I somehow seem to be missing the gene which means I expect/hope/can't wait to hear from someone every day.
    Even with partners, we didn't speak (let alone text) every day - not even at the beginning where you are still "excited". And not even on the landline.
    Anyway, glad he got in touch and things are still on the boil.

10. Same here. Were things less fraught in 'our day', do you think? I often think that mobiles can make us all more anxious in many ways. For example, I often worry if my daughter hasn't texted that she has arrived safely/left etc, whereas my parents had to accept that kind of non contact.
    Anyhoo, Milky - really pleased he's been in touch [​IMG]

11. I was going to get on my high horse about the advent of mobiles meaning people want constant contact and how unreasonable an expectation that was...and then I remembered when I met Mr Air we lived in each other's pockets for at least six months. It was about four years before we spent a night apart...