1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm thinking of publishing a new teaching scheme...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tafkam, Aug 24, 2008.

1. A totally serious question.
    Has the TeaBag methodology of pedagogy been evaluated to within an inch of its life?
    I'm really interested in introducing this intervention into my school.

Also can I get the latest and most uptodat Tea-bag inspirations on Twitter?

2. invincible

invincible New commenter

You have to get enrolled on the latest CPD course, "TeaBag and Web 2.0 in the classroom".

3. Thanks invincible.
    I can see this programme being of BIG use in my classroom. Is it fully vak'd and differentiated?

4. At the end of each unit/year do the children have to complete the Teaching - Big Assessment Tests (more commonly known as T-BATs)?

5. I do think that the scheme has so far missed the defining feature... How with learners know they have achieved??? Please supply a colour coded system including symbols which teachers can use to laboriously mark books. Please ensure it comes with E-prints incompatible with the latest version of Windows which teachers can attempt to download to print out and laminate for carpet time. Please make these larger than A4 so they take up as much room as possible when organised in plastic wallets.

6. BoldAsBrass

BoldAsBrass New commenter

I think Teaching Big needs Big Teachers, developing top teachers as leaders .... with the overall aim to replace the traditional Headship / NPQH route to top leadership
    Luckily after Winnning Big on Euro Millions, I can now independently fund this amazing new Teaching Big Organisation (B.O for short) and push the Teaching Big initiative forwards,making B.O and the Teaching Big UK brand the leader in educational development.
    I propose to use £200 million of my winnings to set up a newcompany offering a new leadership course such as 'Big Organisation - Leading Leaders and Overcoming Cliches Services' (BOLLOCS) and develop a brand new organisation, the 'Big Organisation - Top Teachers, Teaching Others MethodS' (BOTTTOMS)
    The BOTTTOMS qualification will be a pre-requiste for becoming a Big Teacher and will only be possible through BOLLOCS
    To become a Big Teacher, on application teachers must be one of the following;
    <u>Route 1</u>. 1.88 meters (6 feet 2 inches) or above
    <u>Route 2</u>. 127 kilos ( 280 lbs or 20 stones) or over
    Anyone who cannot fulfil these requirements must seek medical advice from their GP, who can give them advice on how to become bigger (route 2 being a slightly easier but slower route for some and much less painful to achieve than route 1).
    Once qualifying and gaining Big Teacher status, candidates will be required to remain big for 12 - 18 months after qualification but then may (after seeking medical advice) return to their normal size. This may have to be self-funded due to BIG CUTS in the National Health Service.
    NB - If following route 1 it may be an irreversable and lenthy process [​IMG]
    If you would like to apply for the BOLLOCS qualification go to
    WWW.BOLLOCS@BOTTTOMS.itsforme.org
    The website is currently in development but should be up a running by the start of September. Applications for Round 1 Cohort begins in October but forms will be downloadable from September website launch.
    The pre-assessment course (also bookable online) includes and all-you-can-eat buffet and there is also a relaxation room complete with a medievil rack (book in advance to avoid dissapointment)
    Visit us soon
    Your Sincerely
    Bob Onn (CEO of BOTTTOMS)

7. invincible

invincible New commenter

How does one become an advanced BOTTOMS teacher? Would this be another BOLLOCS initiative?

8. BoldAsBrass

BoldAsBrass New commenter

Yes I am sure we could facilitate this as a new initiative.
    Other suggestions will also be considered
    Best wishes
    Bob Onn (CEO of BOTTTOMS)

9. On reflection I feel that one end of year Teaching...Big Assessment Test just isn't enough. I feel that we need Termly, Weekly and Annual TestS.

10. To allow the more able students to grow and develop further I think we need a special course
    Teaching..... Big for Bright Outstanding YouthS.

11. This has been the best thread ever. I've laughed so much - I can't think of anything I can add except are there any governor packs? We need different sorts - one for the keen ' I want to be in your classroom and passing opinions on what you do especially if it relates to my child' pack, one for the 'I'm interested in the school and want to do whatever I can to support you pack', one for the 'I want to hold weekly drop in clinics to iron out parent concerns and no I don't understand the need for confidentiality' etc etc

12. All I have to say is you guys are geniuses and this thread deserves to be stickied! [​IMG]

13. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

<font size="2">I know many of you will be anxiously awaiting a reply from Tafkam regarding your suggestions and queries. He is currently on vacation at his villa in Tuscany, where he is jotting down ideas for his autobiography and preparing for his US Tour (TBUSA). He assures me he will try to respond as soon as he returns to the UK, and promises a BIG new initiative for the new term!</font>

14. Upped...for sheer brilliance, and because teachers need to know they are not alone! :)

15. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

I need a new initiative to get me through this half term, please. SMT haven't given us enough of them yet since September. Oh no-my mistake-they have!

All right then, I just need a new initiative that will make me laugh rather than cry!!

16. Can we change APP to BPP ? I would much prefer to be randomly be ticking on a Big! Pupil Progress grid. I'm sure it would be a much more accurate way of guessing the levels of the other 24 children in my class.

17. Sorry to be so late, but you should really try 'Vapid Happy Talk' before Mr Gove bans it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21346812

Maybe tafkam can introduce The Big Vapid Happy Talk

18. Absolutely brilliant. Very entertaining and has cheered me up after a depressing day. Thanks

19. roise

roise New commenter

Will it have an expensive app that i can download on to the class set of iPads that will fail to work due to wireless problems? Something that the children in Reception will be able to self assess the progress of their emotional learning please.

20. Ishamel

Ishamel New commenter

Will Teaching...Big! be more accessible and highly marketed to PGCE students - sorry, I mean Leader Learners In Classroom Kids Schooling - so that when they arrive, they are prepared to be Ambassadors Revealing Schools Excellence to the vastly more experienced <strike>teachers </strike>lead-learners who have been working with real <strike>children </strike>learners for 40 years?

Starting my course this September, I can't wait to be a LLICKS and an **** in my first NQT post with Teaching...Big! After all, I will have plenty of time on my 90% timetable to help everyone fill in their T-BAGs.