1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm thinking of publishing a new teaching scheme...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tafkam, Aug 24, 2008.

1. manic28

manic28 New commenter

From Standards website on 'managing intevention programmes':
    "It is important that parents/carers are contacted before the programme starts, and kept informed throughout."
    It is very pleasing to see that Teaching...Big! has covered this base. I see on the official TB website that parents are invited to:
    1. leave notes in reading / homework diaries constantly commenting on teaching methods and how appropriate they find the TB home readers
    2. invited in to the parents course entitled 'Teabagging at Home'
    3. The 'TB sticking my oar in' annual survey that goes home to parents.
    Well done to the management at Teaching...Big! It can't be long before the official acknowledgements and awards start rolling in.

2. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Up!
    Because it made me laugh and not much does that these days.

3. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

Would this dance go towards the recommended 5 hours of physical activity that weare all offering to our <strike>children </strike> learners each week?
    Also, have you got round to building the amazingly professional-looking <strike>website </strike> learning platform that has bright, multi-coloured tabs but isn't actually finished?

4. Benbamboo

Benbamboo Occasional commenter

Additionally, I haven't read anywhere that this is something that OFSTED look upon favourably, as I stoop even lower to kiss parts of them I previously thought beyond reach. Can I assume that this will almost guarantee a better inspection result due to it's state-of-the-art, future proof methodology?

5. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

[​IMG] just the program I have been looking for to Narrow the Gap for our just turn 4's.

6. Ah I love this thread! Am so glad its been upped!
    Have halted all T-Bagging posters, inspirational mats and assessment grids until the Con Dem party inform us that's it will still be validated as the teaching tool of the future and will be embraced by all future Academy Primary Schools.
    I hope it does as I've used at least 10 boxes of lminating pouches just laminating key ideas and learning hooks for all our learners.
    I LIVE IN HOPE!

7. inq

inq

We are encouraged to use our outdoor areas, could this be incorporated to make the BIG OUTDOORS?

8. This has kept me smiling for days- thankyou !!!!

9. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

I think it is essential that all Lead Learners and the full collection of pyramid, cluster and partnership School Teaching Big co-ordinators go on at least 2 twilights, courses and meetings per week, 'cos covering them is paying my mortgage off, although as I didn't get the training, I don't know which crystals to use for maximum effect, played Eminem instead of Mozart (my big!) and set off all the smoke alarms with the 2 dozen candles which the class assured me had to be lit.

10. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

Oops..got carried away...should have said My Bad!

11. Oooh Its been upped again!
    Anyone have any ideas of linking Teaching Big to the World Cup?

12. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Please, please can someone forward me some of their ideas (and ideally their planning) for adapting Teaching Big to use with 1 to 1 Tuition? (Year 3/4 - Must be target driven....)

Thanx in advance!

13. NQT1986

NQT1986 Occasional commenter

Yeah-if anyone has any planning for Teaching Big; years R-6 (lesson plans, complete schemes of work and intervention units could they pass them on to me too, please?

Has anyone yet adapted Teaching Big to work with the integrated curriculum?

14. Could someone who as been using Teaching....Big! since it's rollout please email me any evidence they have to show how it has moved every pupil on 4 sublevels. The results will need be shown in may different ways including line graphs, pie charts & a strange table that resembles coloured toilet doors.I will need to be able to extract info from it using at least 20 different criteria including FSM, EAL, hair colour & name of family pet.
    Thanks in advance
    wastetimelookingatdatawhenishouldbeteacing@myschool.co.uk

15. Ooooooooooooooh - my stomach hurts. I've just read the whole of this thread and laughed so much! You guys should get together and form a new political party - I'd certainly vote for you!!

16. Good one
    Should get this published and sent out to all schools ( it can go into the Curriculum 2010 folders lol)
    :D

17. Thongy1

Thongy1 New commenter

Is it Child-Centred? Do the <strike>children </strike>learners chose what THEY want to do? Do I have to take all the doors off my cupboards so that the children can take whatever they want from the shelves? I hope there are some homework sheets for the children to take home and study with their parents. Will there be a course for parents, too? I'm sure they'll be interested. I look forward to the website being developed, with a very complicated menu and tabs, so I can never find my way around it. I shall volunteer to be the co-ordinator (non-paid, of course) at our school.

18. razziegyp

razziegyp New commenter

Yup! A hugely entertaining, witty and clever thread killed stone dead![​IMG]

19. invincible

invincible New commenter