1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm thinking of publishing a new teaching scheme...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tafkam, Aug 24, 2008.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

I'm going to call it RightTeach (do you see what I did there... just took two vaguely relevant words and shunted them together.. now they are no longer words, but an ethos!)
    It is going to provide learners (formerly known as children) with valuable content engagement opportunities. It's a method to support quality-first-teachers in developing synthesised curricular targets, allowing them to harmonize objectives from different learning fields.
    Naturally it will make full use of the <strike>children's</strike> learners natural knowledge-attunement strategies to raise standards.
    The programme - which will be presented in a snazzy folder with a free CD - will give <strike>teachers</strike> lead-learners a bank of integrated activity ideas to support active learning. It will incorporate the efficacy ofthe latest pseudo-research into the natural aura of the soul to support children's ability to spell difficult words.
    Who wants to buy in?

2. I will take two.

3. Will we earn lots of money and never have to work again? [​IMG]

4. Brilliant!
    As a<strike> teacher </strike>lead-learner I found that very entertaining! [​IMG]

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

I think you're missing a trick it also needs the following...

• Choose your folder colour feature

• Free gel pens in the folder

• Free matching stickers to your special coloured folder
    [​IMG]

6. ges

ges

Will you be available to do a PowerPoint presentation on the scheme to one of our staff meetings?

It would be particularly useful if you could give us a printout of each of the slides to look at while you read out the information on them word for word.

7. It would also need a list of all the contributors emails, so that if there was a query they could be contacted directly and put in the friends' inbox[​IMG]

8. tafkam

Damn... I forgot to include a catchy intialism... it'll never catch on without that.
    Any suggestions?

9. Can you add in some 'fun' activities to stimulate brain buttons, tummy buttongs and the big red button in the White House?
    Also include some free coloured healing-crystals to go with different learning styles so that if learners are a bit weak in one area they can just be given a bigger crystal to fix that problem.

10. Will this complement the Mozart, candles and lava lamp I've been advised to purchase?

Does the set come in purple as this will complement my class colour scheme?

As the lead learner do I get to keep all the freebies?

Back to looking at Blue Tongued Skinks with my son.

11. I'd like to become a RightTeach facilitator and work towards a diploma. It will be one of my PM targets next year. I think you have forgotton the additional resources available for IWB with the very reasonable site licence deal.

12. tafkam

Oh excellent RedRedRobin - you can go and <strike>preach</strike> <strike>promote</strike> educate other lead-learners about the benefits of this new-fangled folder.

Incidentally, I keep seeing your name and then singing the song... it gets into my head so easily.

13. Excellent. I'll adapt it to make up the RightTeach chant. Every lesson will have to start with it (essential to connect the diagonal cognitive nodes of the left and right hemispheres of the brain).

14. trinity0097

Someone dancey needs to come up with some movements to put to the chant to engage all limbs/body parts in this event!

15. tafkam

*chuckles malevolently*
    [​IMG]

16. I offer an alternative name: 'Big teaching' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

17. trinity0097

If you're going to use those words then I think put them the other way around...

Teaching...Big

I think that we need some kind of loveable rogue to appear in publicity shots and make speeches on our behalf - I think Boris Johnson after his speech just now in China will do! [​IMG]

18. tafkam

Thank goodness this is all coming together!
    In a few years time we'll all wonder how any body ever coped without "Teaching...Big!"
    (I've taken the liberty of adding the exclamation mark, trinity... I think it speaks volumes!)

19. trinity0097

That is what it was missing, I knew it wasn't quite right! (despite the fact that online I seem to end well over 50% of my sentences with exclamation marks!)

I'm wondering how many of my colleagues at school (who don't keep up with developments/opportunities etc) I can convince that Teaching...Big! is the next new thing for us to be doing :eek:)