1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm so happy hardcore!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by scienceteachasghost, Nov 15, 2015.

1. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Anyone into this in the 90s? (and beyond)

2. Treefayre2

Treefayre2 Established commenter

No thanks.

Bunk.

3. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

As a lad in the 1990s before lessons and Ofsted got too serious, in our design and technology lessons two of the lowest performing students (twins) academically in the whole year group would get out a cassette player(!) , plug it in and put Helter Skelter tapes on and the teacher did nothing to stop it! At the time I thought the music was a little silly but then my second cousin lent me a similar tape and I got hooked! (I own every Bonkers compilation CD!)

4. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I was an intermittent fan of The Prodigy but the same could be said of most musical genres from the 60s to the present day

5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

That hardcore music makes me feel dead inside.

6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

i like bits of the Prodigy but not so much the other stuff.

7. Treefayre2

Treefayre2 Established commenter

That's because there's nowt to it.

8. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I think the same can be said for some of the the music of 60s, 70s and all the decades up to and including the present one
    Take the first decade above for instance:
    Does anything get more "beige" than Surfing Bird? Or anything by Herman's Hermits?
    There are always seams of gold mixed in with the dross but you have to mine/separate a lot more dross to find it