1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm seriously shocked

Discussion in 'Personal' started by cosmos, Apr 14, 2011.

1. i have just been on Google images looking for a picture of a granny (never mind why) and I saw THE most graphic, indeed poronographic image, that I am sure shouldn't be allowed.
    I am not being prudish - see for yourselves
    googleimages - grannies - page 5
    I want to complain but who to?

2. i have just been on Google images looking for a picture of a granny (never mind why) and I saw THE most graphic, indeed poronographic image, that I am sure shouldn't be allowed.
    I am not being prudish - see for yourselves
    googleimages - grannies - page 5
    I want to complain but who to?

3. turn your Safe Search settings to strict.

4. I really want to go and look but am scared. x

5. Near your search you should have the option for safe search moderate.
    If you click on that you can report an offensive image.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I've just looked - It's ALL **** ***! Is no innocuous search safe these days?

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

yeah . . . . . .but there's about 50 trillion **** pics there, right from image number 1.

8. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

How do you find Safe Search settings (Yes I'm an IT idiot!)

9. done it.
    Still blushing though

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

If it's any consolation cosmos I once did a similarly innocuous search on google and came across what I sincerely believe to be a genuine snuff pic. HORRIBLE.

11. Even if you just put Granny into Google the pages are all **** never mind images

I am set to Moderate which seems reasonable

12. Reported it.
    Still blushing

13. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Ohh! Not such an idiot, just done it on my PC. Now to check in school as last week one of our Y5 pupils was researching a book they had enjoyed and was presented with some shocking images.
    Mind you, perhaps the teacher should have considered what images might come up since the book was called Monster Ring Boys

14. the most disgusting was on pag 3 for me!

15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I put 'grannies' in and, apart from a rather nasty one on page 2, the worst it got was a photo of the Queen!

16. My nine year old looked for pictures of electric eels for homework recently and was very confused by some of the images that that search produced!

17. Well hopefully it has gone - but I'm not going back to check

18. We were working on a debate in school about charities and some of my year 5 girls typed into google search engine 'abused dogs' in order to strengthen their case for funding the RSPCA!

Three things I find odd:
    1. Why would anyone want to see a naked granny - even grandad doesnt want to!
    2. Where do they find the grannies to do it?
    3. The number of people on here who typed it in just to see!

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oh, you are joking [​IMG]

20. Don't even consider typing 'duct tape' into a search engine...