1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

**********.... I'm mortified!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Tinkalink, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Our LA has just banned the ********** site online in schools! WE can't access it at school anymore! Has anyone else had this happen? And if so... have they been given a reason? We have been given a reason that i quite frankly find very hard to take on board and would like to try and find out if it is true or not...
    If anyone else is in this position, send me a quick message!
    Cheers!
    Tink! :D x

2. Our LA has just banned the ********** site online in schools! WE can't access it at school anymore! Has anyone else had this happen? And if so... have they been given a reason? We have been given a reason that i quite frankly find very hard to take on board and would like to try and find out if it is true or not...
    If anyone else is in this position, send me a quick message!
    Cheers!
    Tink! :D x

3. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

For some reason my school pc doesnt always open SB's downloads.

I did remember reading on here earlier this year that a lot of schools have banned SB.

Can you still put his work up or is that also banned?

4. [​IMG] For goodness sake hwo ridiculous!! What reason have they given?

I thought they were supposed to be helping teachers have a better work life balance, and ********** is a fab way to help with this, with fantastic resources!! Would be interested to hear the reason, and pray that they unblock it asap. Hasn't happened to us (yet....touch wood?) but perhaps we should start a petition against blocking it/getting it unblocked!!

5. As far as i know we havent been banned from using the actual stuff - can i message you to tell you the reason??

6. Why not just post the reason rather than wanting everyone to PM? There have been several suggestions from others posted on these boards - different authorities seem to have different objections to Sparkle.

7. ********** has also been banned from my school however we are able to download things at home and print them out at school. We do have to cover the ********** logo before we use our resources. I know the reason why it has been banned but don't think I can say it on the forum.

8. Gracious what can be so bad that people can't say it on here?!!

sarah@blurryfox.com

I'm extremely curious now not to mention worried!!

9. When you think of some of the stuff that gets posted on Opinion and Personal it's hard to imagine what could be so terrible. There's obviously at least one whispering campaign going on, not helped by the can't-say-it-on-here posts above. If there is a genuine reason. let us all know. Sparkle monitors this site and will soon get it red-boxed if it's libellous.

Rumours have tended to be that Mr Sparkle has annoyed certain LEAs who were previously his employers. Another suggestion was that advisors were sick of seeing his logo everywhere as it is now ubiquitous in EY settings - why this is such a problem I'm not sure as most children will only attend one EY setting anyway and aren't likely to be scarred by over-prominence of a logo that they can't pester mum for!

Whatever it is I do wish people would either talk about it or keep quiet rather than behaving like teenage girls who want to know if Tracy really did go all the way with Kevin.

10. cinderella1

cinderella1 New commenter

Our LA recommends **********, I accessed yesterday in ppa and was fine. Theres loads of other sites I cannot get on due to the software they use to stop you accessing unsuitable materials, which is ridiculus as some are valid sites, you can even not get access to stuff on teachernet if certain words like gender are in the documents.

11. Morning Star I'm sorry for offending you [​IMG]

Your point has been taken.

12. Msz

Msz Established commenter

It would be very foolish for posters to publish in an open forum information provided by their LA on the subject

13. steves angel

steves angel New commenter

We are only able to access ********** through Google. If we try to access it by adding the ********** address to the address bar, access is blocked by the authority. Ridiculous when we are actively encouraged to use the site.

14. Don't want to post it on here cos i dont want to offend anyone, namely Samuel - i wasnt planning on PMing everyone.

15. Exactly - which is why i am not posting it publicly. Thank you Msz

16. oh my god that is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard!!! stupid local authorities, surely ********** does nothing but help teachers and make the job that ever so little bit easier!

i heard off our computer technion that comes in once a week that the authorities were not overly pleased because teachers were using ********** too much for display purposes and not allowing children to create pieces of work to go onto the classroom displays but surely thats an issue that needs to be taken up by heads with individual teachers and not measures as drastic as that!!

17. I wonder if we work for the same authority because this has also just happened to us with a very dubious reason!! Like another poster said so much for work life balance!! We are gutted but it just makes life more complicated because I'm having to download materials at home, transfer onto my memory stick and then print the resources at school because as far as we know you can still use the resources (thank goodness - i don't know what we'd do without SB and I've never seen our school displays look as good since using it!!)

18. skills324

skills324 New commenter

What is the reason for it being banned then? Can anyone message me to tell me rich1111283@hotmail.co.uk

And why hasn't sparkle box replied to this thread- they normally do.

19. Wll fair enough, ********** could be overused but like you say, HT should take that up with individual members of staff. There is such a thing as using common sense and ********** should never replace children's work etc. But there are so many things on there that can be used sensibly to enhance our lessons/classroom environments. Did anyone find out the reason?