1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm looking for educational mentor for Children's magazine

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Lucyburton8, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Lucyburton8

Lucyburton8 New commenter

I've started a children's magazine that teaches children English through creativity.
    Aimed at 8 year olds and onwards, it will be packed with games, comics and educational ideas, using creative ways for learning English, learn aspects from the world around us.
    I also want it to appeal to children who may have literacy problems and have dyslexia. But these are growing ideas.

Whilst I was a TEFL teacher in Vietnam for 3 years, and whilst I'm passionate about it, I don't have a huge history in teaching. I'm looking for someone who can help me with the syllabus and guide me on educational choices and ideas.
    I am doing this as part of the The Princes trust and with this, I've put together my first issue, but I've already started to need some help and my lack of experience isn't helping.

This would be a voluntary thing but I promise to buy you a coffee/cake or lunch for an hour or so every 6 weeks/2 months or so. Again, I may only need some one off advice, but this would be great.
    If this is something you would be interested in, I would love to hear from you. I'm London based.

All the best,

Lucy

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

I like the idea of doing this, but would only be able to meet up (for much loved coffee/cake) in the school holidays.
    I'll message you.

sabrinakat likes this.
  3. snowyhead

snowyhead Lead commenter

@Lucyburton8 what market research have you carried out? There are lots of web-based apps available now that fit this niche. However, if you are planning to publish outside of English speaking countries, where access to the web is limited, then you may be onto a winner.

4. Lucyburton8

Lucyburton8 New commenter

Thank you for the advice, yes I'm looking to do this outside of the UK. My next step is market research however I just wondered if you could suggest the top apps you think are best for this fit. Only as research. Many thanks,
    Lucy