1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm looking for a disciplinary/grievances policy

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by Marshall, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

and finding so many differing ones. Could anyone help please?

2. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

I'm a Union Rep and as such have been consulted on various policies. In each case it's either just the LA one with the school name filled in or a straight copy from a neighbouring school.
    Then it's just a quick read through and adapt it as circumstances dictate.

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I can send you a few… but they will all differ as every place, school, setting is different.

4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Hi Marshall,

Local authorities usually have model policies. Does your own LA have a personnel policy including these matters?

If not, I can send you some.

5. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

I am probably being really stupid - I've always used the LA one but reviewing it, it says 'not for teaching staff'. Is that covered in another policy?
    Thanks Nomad - would appreciate it!

6. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

At the very least, your Disciplinary and Grievance policies should be compliant with the relevant ACAS Codes of Practice. Though not statutory, these are accepted by the Tribunal to be the best guidance to fair practice in these matters.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2174