1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm glad I've got bad luck.......

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ashlaura, Oct 19, 2011.

1. ashlaura

ashlaura Occasional commenter

That sounds awful Can't you get someone to take you to the interview?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Taxi? Or is it that you are so immobile, or in pain, so that you couldn't actually do yourself justice in teaching or interview.
    This really is VERY bad luck.
    Have a some consolation chocolate:
    [​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    I am timetabled for the October 22nd Win that teaching job seminars - see you there!

3. Oh dear supplyslave, that is bad luck!
    I've had similar happen to me. Once I was actually on my way to interview when I was involved in an accident. I wasn't badly hurt but very shaken and there was no way I could have acquitted myself well, even if I could have got to the interview by taxi.
    Console yourself with the fact that at least you're getting shortlisted.
    Hopefully, the fracture will heal quicker than they first thought x

4. Thanks for your thoughts (and chocolate Theo). I could get a taxi to the interview but the jobs are to start after half term and the cost would be prohibitive should I be successful due to distance from home. Add this to I am not allowed to put any weight on my foot so I have real mobility problems - this would be a disservice to the school. After all these months of being unable to get an interview I am seriously depressed.

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Just wanted to offer a cyber hug! [​IMG] Great that you've got shortlisted, fingers crossed you've got applications down to a T now and something better comes along. xxx

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just to send another cyberhug [​IMG].YAs someone else has said, you're doing well to get shortlisted, so hang on to that for when you can start appplying again.
    I'm also 'disabled' at present, having had minor surgery on my hand & in a similar position not being able to drive (though I'm now 'a dab hand' at typing one-handed) & had a job application in. I <u>could</u> have attended by taxi &, had I been invited to interview & got it, would probably have been able to travel by bus for a week or two. But that's obviously far less debilitating than having your leg in plaster. At least now the surgery's over I don't have to worry about warning any potential employer I'd need time off and there might be some jobs after half-term!
    Sorry, side-tracked there, suppplyslave. You'll no doubt be spending more time on your computer- some big retail stores do a delivery service for shopping and there's the ubiquitous 'jungle-sounding name' place to order reading material/ DVDs. (I've got the infamous How to pimp your lesson ready for that future interview!)