1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I'm getting the best Christmas present ever...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nikkib_1986, Nov 30, 2011.

1. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

...a house!!
    I'm so excited. I'm in the process of buying my first house and we should be completed and keys in hand by Monday 12th December. I just thought I'd share my excitement and happiness on here- makes a change from me moaning all the time! [​IMG]

2. nikkib_1986

nikkib_1986 New commenter

...a house!!
    I'm so excited. I'm in the process of buying my first house and we should be completed and keys in hand by Monday 12th December. I just thought I'd share my excitement and happiness on here- makes a change from me moaning all the time! [​IMG]

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You have found someone who is buying you a house! Respect!

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Congratulations!
    Now can you find someone to buy my lovely home please.

5. Aww im excited for you! Its the best thing ive ever done, and so exciting knowing it is YOURS and not rented etc.
    My only advice would be to start saving some money aside for house problems as soon as you can - our boiler recently went kaput but fortunately my very kind parents gave me a loan. You don't realise the magnitude of these things when you rent!

6. forestje

forestje New commenter

When I read this it really took me back.I actually have a photo of me putting the key in the door of my first house. I felt so excited.
    Good luck and enjoy the feeling.

7. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Well down as you get your house
    the moment that made mine wonderful was when i carried my wife over the threshold.........glad im not trying that one now! lol
    The first task we had was to scrub the house and to place the furniture we had....one bed.one wardrobe and a set of draws,,,we used deck chairs for seats and the tv was an old secondhand BW set. the house seemed huge and empty.but it was ours with a mortage